Европын сэргээн босголт, хөгжлийн банкны санхүүжилтээр Нийслэлийн Засаг даргын Тамгын газар, Улаанбаатар хотын Захирагчийн ажлын албаны хэрэгжүүлж буй “Улаанбаатар хотын хатуу хог хаягдлын байгууламжийг шинэчлэх төсөл”-ийн төсөл хэрэгжүүлэх нэгжийн Зохицуулагчийн ажлын байранд нээлттэй сонгон шалгаруулалтыг зарлаж байна.
Доорх ажлын зартай танилцаж, шаардлага хангасан хүн материалаа зааврын дагуу ирүүлнэ үү.
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR THE PROJECT COORDINATOR ULAANBAATAR SOLID WASTE MODERNIZATION PROJECT
The Governor’s Office of the Capital City Ulaanbaatar is the Executing Agency of Ulaanbaatar Solid Waste Modernization (UBSMP) project financed by the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) OPID 46581. The objective of the project is designed to expand the City's landfilling capacity and build a Construction and Demolition Waste (CDW) plant. Additionally, the machinery and equipment necessary for the landfill and CDW plant operations will be purchased. The Project will be co-financed by investment grants of USD 5.0 million (EUR 4.5 million) from the EU Asia Investment Facility.
Pursuant to Clause 7.11.8 of Decree No. 4 issued by Minister of Finance (MOF) in 2021 and Decree No. 171 of the Minister of Finance in 2016 “Establishing project implementation unit and its structure”, Governor’s Office is now accepting applications for the position of Project Manager in Project Implementation Unit (PIU) of Ulaanbaatar Solid Waste Modernization project, OPID 46851.
The project coordinator will be responsible for coordinating the overall project’s implementation activities, supporting to Executing Agency and Implementing Agency. The project coordinator will report directly to the Project Director, the General Project Manager in Ulaanbaatar city Mayor’s Office in charge of the project and will coordinate with Waste Management and Coordination Department. The Project coordinator will be responsible for the activities of the PIU, and his/her tasks will include but not be limited to the following activities:
- liaise with all concerned ministries and agencies, EBRD, European Union and other relevant parties and ensure effective and timely project communications, coordination, project meetings and approvals;
- closely coordinate and report to the Waste Management and Coordination Department and the Governor’s Office of the Ulaanbaatar city;
- to advise, prepare, and support EBRD missions, lead and participate in meetings;
- to manage and maintain project sub-accounts, oversee procurement and prepare reports as required during project implementation, including monthly, quarterly, and annually as required;
- ensure all financial data, implementation report and other relevant documentation/reports under the Covenants stipulated by the Project, Loan and Grant Agreements are provided in timely manner to the EBRD;
- supervise to ensure all actions described in the Environmental and Social Action Plan under the Project Agreement are appropriately adopted and implemented;
- supervise and manage PIU, consultants (including City Debt Management, Corporate Development and Institutional Capacity Building, Environmental Impact Assessment, national Detailed Environmental Impact Assessment and Implementation of Livelihood Restoration Plan), contractors, and stakeholder activities to facilitate implementation according to plan, schedule, and budget;
- facilitate consultant recruitment and selection for the international and local consultants in close cooperation with EBRD and the Client;
- in coordination with the related agencies review detailed design and tender documents for the UBSWMP and the landfill construction and Construction and Demolition waste plant to ensure designs are aligned with the agreed feasibility study and with stakeholder expectations and that standards adopted are consistent with national and international norms accepted by the national standardization committee;
- coordinate and facilitate public and community relations in coordination with Governor’s Office of the Capital City;
- liaise with relevant stakeholders and authorities in obtaining licenses, permits of construction, rights of access to land and other compulsory administrative steps as needed by the relevant regulations in force in Mongolia and in agreement with EBRD procedures;
- ensure effective day-to-day supervision of project implementation and consolidate monthly progress reports prepared by contractors, suppliers and consultants;
- administer contracts including processing of progress certificates, review of extension of time claims, preparation of change orders and nonconformance notices, subproject implementation progress monitoring, and subproject cost monitoring;
- review and approve payments by the consultants, contractors and suppliers based on their performance and the relevant consultants;
- Adopt and implement the External Engagement Plan, inclusive of Public Grievance Mechanism.
- With the assistance of the Corporate Development and Institutional Capacity Building Consultant, develop and adopt the Corporate Development Programme, Stakeholders Participation and City Support Programmes within 24 months of contracting the Consultant, and monitor implementation of the programs.
- With cooperation with PIS and HSSE specialist identify any training needs (the Client and PIU staff) for the Project, initiate, manage and conduct training and workshops for Company project team, contractors, consultants and other stakeholders
- obtain “no objection” from EBRD for any proposed modification, extension, or change from agreed contracts that exceeds initial budget by more than 15%;
- prepare withdrawal applications based on contracts, claims, and supporting documents for submission to the MOF through the Governor’s Office and prepare requests for replenishment of the imprest accounts;
- Oversee installations, maintenance and disposal of substances, plant and equipment etc. to ensure they are done in conformity with applicable regulations and industry best practice
- in coordination with the Waste Management and Coordination department, review annual implementation and update implementation schedule and projection;
- in close coordination with the Livelihood Restoration Implementation Consultant and the environmental and resettlement specialist oversee compliance with the social and environmental loan and project agreement covenants, and the implementation of the environmental management plan, assessment and the livelihood restoration plan;
- ensure the implementation and practice of appropriate financial accounting and reporting and record keeping systems, compatible with the financial reporting systems by the government;
- ensure auditors recommendations are implemented and approve proposed action in the event of adverse financial audits or monitoring and evaluation reports; and
- prepare, with the assistance from the Waste Management and Coordination department and the Project Implementation Support, a project completion report following EBRD guidelines after physical project completion.
- Minimum Qualification Requirements
- Master’s degree in business administration or financial field;
- At least 5 years of general experience in state or public organizations;
- At least 3 years of manager or director of any administration department and development projects;
- Knowledge of guidelines and procedures and experience in EBRD or other international organization’s project administration and procurement is advantage;
- The individual will have a proven track record on managing effectively multi-agency and multidisciplinary processes.
- Experience of working with state and public organizations, including in construction and urban service sector projects or infrastructure projects
- English language proficiency is strongly preferred,
- Computer skills in MS office, and other related programs
- Availability and willingness to frequently travel to the project sites in Morin Davaa, Khan-Uul district 12th khoroo, Ulaanbaatar
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR ALL CANDIDATES:
Interested candidates should submit the application letter along with the following documents:
- Application of Civil Servant (form 1 with 3x4);
- Curriculum Vitae in English languages;
- Copies of diploma(s) and certificate(s);
- Copy of Identification card;
Note: if any of above documents is missing, the candidate will be considered disqualified. The advertised position is open only to nationals of Mongolia.
If you meet the above requirements, please submit the necessary documents in a sealed envelope to the following address:
Attn: Ms. Bujinlkham B,
Specialist of Project Management and Regulation Department
Office #301, The Capital City Governor’s Office
Sukhbaatar square 6, 1st khoroo, Chingeltei district Ulaanbaatar 15160, Mongolia
Deadline for submission: before 12pm, on 11 October 2021.